Thursday, July 28, 2011

Updating ALL apps in iTunes Solution

For several weeks now, I have been noticing that I have not been able to update ALL the apps (200+) in my iTunes for my Mac.  I was consistently receiving a message that the connection with the store was not working or timing out and to try back later.  Finally today, I noticed someone on the Yahoo iPhone forum was also experiencing this problem.  So, as I often do, I sought out the solution.  I have been able normally just to pick each app individually and update in that manner, but that can be time consuming when you have 200+ apps.

As I had installed Lion recently, I thought maybe this was the culprit, but didn't want to blame the new system for something without thoroughly testing some ideas.  So, as I scoured the preferences in iTunes, I noticed under the advanced settings an option to Reset the iTunes Store Cache.  So I thought what can I lose, so I clicked on the Reset Cache button next to this option.  IT WORKED.  My apps are being updated ALL at once. 

So if you are having trouble updating ALL your apps at once in the iTunes store, you might try this solution.  Be sure to let me know if it worked for you or if you have an alternate solution you wish to share.  Happy updating to you.

No comments: