Monday, July 31, 2023

My New Best Friend - a Robot Vacuum ... Roborock S8 Pro Ultra


 I've been testing a Roborock S8 Pro Ultra robot vacuum.  So far, I have found it does a great job of vacuuming my hardwood floors and carpets.  The mop is something I will use on occasion. It works nicely, getting most spots up after each additonal mopping session.  

It took a while to figure out some of the Roborock apps features. The support team has been exceptional when I had a question, offering solutions and solid answers to my concerns.

I ran the vacuum in test situations and was able to find best solutions for my cleaning and home layouts.

I have found that there are many options for cleaning: Full Clean Mode, Room, Zone, multi-level and spot cleaning. Not to mention, the No Go Zones.  I really like the Zone cleaning option as it has provided a nice solution for handling my oriental rug fringes and other areas of my home. It is also fun to operate; I feel like I have my own land drone.  


As, with most equipment, there is some maintenance like cleaning the hair out of brushes, dusting off camera lens and sensors. It only takes a few minutes of time and is much easier than maintaining my central vac brushes.  I use a new soft makeup brush to gently clean the cameras, sensors.  The rollers come out super easy and the ends come off without a problem, then I slip off the roll of hair. As I do more vacuum sessions, there is less dust in the bin and less hair or strings in the roller ends.  

My testing allowed me to figure out how to operate the joystick, the Pin and Go, Selecting and Using Zone cleaning by sizing and positioning a rectangle on an area I wanted to vac or mop or both. Practice, does make it easier and tests my methods for small areas, fringed rugs, and cleaning just an area like under a table or a high traffic area.  

I am very pleased so far with my purchase. I have vacuumed a three level home twice while testing the various layouts in my home.  At my age, it is not easy to keep up with cleaning routines. This vac has been fun and efficient and doing a great job.  


Overall, the Roborock S8 Pro Ultra robot vacuum has proven to be an excellent addition to my home cleaning routine. It performs well on both hardwood floors and carpets and offers a variety of cleaning options, including Full Clean Mode, Room, Zone, multi-level, and spot cleaning. The No Go Zones and Zone cleaning features are particularly useful for handling delicate areas like oriental rug fringes.

The Roborock S8 Pro Ultra is an excellent investment for those who need assistance in maintaining a clean home. It provides an enjoyable and efficient way to keep your living space spotless while offering convenience and ease of use.

No comments: