Saturday, July 30, 2022

How to format a USB stick for Mark IV Disklavier using a Mac.

When I first tried to read a USB stick in my Mark IV Disklavier, I had a problem.


I found a solution a few months ago: 


I used Disk Utility application which comes standard on my Macbook Pro laptop (I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6) 




I inserted the USB stick into the USB port on my laptop, selected the USB stick (under external) and clicked on Erase from the upper Disk Utility menu bar. 



I then entered a name for my USB stick, Selected MS-DOS (FAT) from the Format and used Master Boot partition option from pull down arrows. I clicked on ERASE


I then moved midis from my hard drive that I wanted to use on the piano. I think it is key to put these in a folder. I believe you can have 99 files in a folder. It worked. 


My piano is now reading my USB stick and playing my selection of midis. To access the USB stick from a Disklavier Mark IV select USB Media in the main menu. 


I am not sure what DKC850 menu option would be for those with DKC850 control box. But I feel it would be similar. The USB Media shows up on DKC900 as "My Songs" folder.

No comments: